Excel! Online Tutoring: Student Guidelines
We want to continue to help you be successful in your classes, especially in these trying times. This is a learning curve for all of us, so please hang in there and know that help is on the way!
If you need assistance, please email your questions to CCD.Excel@ccd.edu
To utilize this service, you need to:
- Be enrolled in a CCD course(s).
- Use your official school email when scheduling your appointment.
- Have access to a working computer or mobile device with internet access.
How to request an appointment:
Right now we can only offer one tutoring session per day for each student. We are working diligently to improve this, so we appreciate your patience as we work out the kinks.
- Submit your tutoring request to CCD.Excel@ccd.edu
- Requests must be submitted at least 2 hours before you want to meet with a tutor.
- Tutoring will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis and we’ll do our best to serve you.
- Same-day appointments are not guaranteed, but we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Emailed requests must include following:
- Email subject line: Tutoring Request: Course Number
- Example: Tutoring Request: MAT 121
- Student Name & “S” Number
- Brief description of the assignment and help requested
- Dates and times that you are available for tutoring within the next week
Students do no need a Webex account to join Webex meetings.
- When your tutoring session is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to the Webex meeting time.
- Click on the “Join Meeting” button in the confirmation email to connect to your appointment. You may be asked to download a browser version of the Webex application if you are using a laptop or Smartphone.
- You can enter the appointment room up to 5 minutes before your scheduled meeting.
If you are going to miss an appointment, please reply to your appointment confirmation email. That way, we can give the time to a fellow student who is also in need of tutoring.
- Your reply email should include the following:
- Subject line: Tutoring Cancellation: Course Number
- EXAMPLE: Tutoring Cancellation: MAT 121
- Appointment Time
- Student Name and “S” Number
- CCD Student Conduct and Academic Policies Apply
- Tutors will assist you with homework and assignments; tutors are not able to assist with quizzes, tests, or other assignments.